I hope you all had fantastic summer breaks, saw loads of amazing music, sprawled around drunk at many a festival and completely forgot everything we did last term (I most certainly have). Don’t worry – I have a load of new pencils for you all to make extra harsh notes on your music (Megan)
Important stuff first: YES, WE ARE BACK TOMORROW.
Be nice. Don’t bite.
Half term break (no rehearsal 26th Oct)
2nd Nov – 7th Dec
Please note: Rehearsal on the 28th September will not be in St Pauls church. We’ll update you closer to the time about where this one will be.
We’ll be sending around flyers/posters soon!
12 week term cost is £60
You can either bring a cheque or cash to rehearsals or pay via bank transfer online
Bank details are:
Acc number: 65673621
Sort code: 089299
Acc name: BCBB
Now, a few words from Rosa our Treasurer about NEW THINGS FOR THIS TERM!
We are in a stable position, have had a lot of new music across the last three terms, finishing the year with a small profit which we can put back in to the band in the coming months.
From the Survey Monkey results, we have decided to introduce/agree on the following things each term:
• Tea and coffee will now be available during the break! We’ll provide tea, coffee, milk and squash. If you have any dietary requirements, please bring your own cool milk etc.
• We will have a full rhythm section each rehearsal – and will get deps in for rehearsals that the drummer/bass/piano can’t attend (rhythm section please let us know as far in advance as you can if you won’t be able to make a rehearsal)
• Monthly band social! More info to follow.
• We are aiming for an average of 2 gigs a term
• A lot of you were interested in being updated about the local jazz scene in Bristol. While we don’t have the resources available at the moment to compile a weekly newsletter, these are some great blogs/newsletters to sign-up to if you want to stay up to date with what’s going on:
• 1 hour sectional workshop for all instrument sections is in the pipeline. We will also be chatting with Johnny about doing an improvisation session at some point this term. In the meantime, if you are interested in getting stuck in to more improvisation, Bristol Jam nights are:
– Alternate Mondays at the Canteen, Bristol.
– Bristol Fringe Sunday Afternoons
– Jazz Factory (starts back on the 12th September) http://www.
• We have allocated a bigger budget for new music – thank you for all your suggestions!
• We have created a Facebook group for all to join and share/chat/ discuss lifts
– On this Facebook group, a document has been created for you to put your name, number, area which you live and whether you drive. This is for helping to organise car shares to gigs and rehearsals – and is optional.
– All vital information that’s given out e.g.: last minute rehearsal venue change/ gig info will always be send out by email (as usual). The FB page is just for everyone to get to know each other/ share youtube clips etc.
– This is a private group which only members can see and are invited to.
• Our website has an updated calendar on: http://bcbb.co.uk/bristol/
• We are in the process of having a re-brand, with a professional logo being designed for us.
Thank you all!
All the best,
Sophie and Rosa